The Galactic Terran-Vasudan Alliance (GTVA) was the dominant power in Terran-Vasudan space, which appeared in the Hellcat Squadran Universe in the mid-2320s.
The foundations of the Galactic Terran-Vasudan Alliance began in 2335 following the arrival of the Shivans, and the subsequent signing of a cease fire between the Galactic Terran Alliance and the Parliamentary Vasudan Navy. This early cease fire between the two governments was initially only a desperate measure to prevent both species' annihilation by the Shivans, and relations were unstable. However, as the Terrans and Vasudans continued to work together in military endeavors against the Shivans, the two species grew closer together.
In 2345, ten years after the Shivan attack on Ross 128, Terran and Vasudan leaders signed a historic treaty, bringing into being the first iteration of the Galactic Terran-Vasudan Alliance. In the same year, Khonsu II also presented the newly formed General Assembly an unprecedented joint endeavor, a massive construction project that would result in the creation of the GTVA Colossus. Khonsu II was also famously pro-Terran, a far cry from the social situation a mere decade ago, when the two species were participating in open warfare against one another. The Colossus project could possibly be regarded the symbolic embodiment of the harmonious coexistence of the two species.
In 2358, following the reconstruction of both species' worlds and the normalization of the Terran and Vasudan economical and industrial situations, delegates from both species signed the Beta Aquilae Convention, or BETAC, which dissolved the Terran regional blocs and elevated the General Assembly, Security Council, and Vasudan Imperium to the position of supreme power in all of Terran-Vasudan space. Named after the system in which it was ratified, the Beta Aquilae Convention defines the characteristics and governing methods of the Galactic Terran-Vasudan Alliance. Additionally, it also dictated the actions of military units regarding nonviolent civilian craft, imposing that no hostile action be taken against such vessels. Another constitution, the Deneb Convention, is known to lay down the details regarding the freedom of information.
In the GTVA's 2367, but Hellcat Squadran's 2325, the GTVA in entirety was consumed by a Rift Storm, which brought them to Hellcat Squadran's universe. The GTVA then made contact with a race known as the Shivans, their original adversaries from their universe. However, the Shivans were caught offguard when a force of Omega Squad Vindicators, led by the OHS Locus Desperatus, intervened, driving the Shivans off.
Like the Army of Light, the GTVA didn't fully join the Coalition, but maintained strong diplomatic ties with them.
The government of the Galactic Terran-Vasudan Alliance can be compared to the government of the United Nations that preceded the original Coalition.
The Galactic Terran-Vasudan Alliance consists of three principal components: the General Assembly, the Security Council, and the Vasudan Imperium.
Presumably, the General Assembly has power over most domestic aspects of the GTVA, maintaining the economic, industrial, and social aspects of the Alliance. It is known to have at least five secondary subsidiary components and five tertiary subsidiary components.
The Security Council is the governing body guiding the might of the Terran-Vasudan fleet. The armed forces are likely controlled by civilian politicians who issue orders and set objectives for large campaigns. The Security Council also likely has authority over Galactic Terran-Vasudan Intelligence, the intelligence gathering and espionage arm of the Alliance, as well as Special Operations Command.
The military strength of the GTVA is undoubtedly a formidable force, though it was outmatched by the numerically and technologically superior Shivan force. The Terran and Vasudan fleets remain separate, though are maintained under a single command structure. The cooperation between fleets is far more widespread than it was during the Great War, and both species freely exchange information between one another. Additionally, another system known as the officer exchange program was introduced, allowing members of a certain species to serve in limited numbers on a ship of the other species. Ships of the GTVA military are designated either GT or GV, denoting Galactic Terran and Galactic Vasudan, respectively.
The Vasudan Imperium presumably represents the Vasudan Emperor and the Vasudan ruling body. It is not known if the Vasudan public is also represented by the Vasudan Imperium. After the Vasudans' rapid recovery during the reconstruction era, the parliamentary establishment of the Empire was disbanded, shifting all power to the Emperor himself. Some power may still be vested within an assembly of politicians within the Vasudan Imperium, though it is likely that the Emperor reserves supreme power in the Vasudan Imperium, giving him a large amount of power within the GTVA as a whole.
Starship Type ClassificationEdit
The Starship classification method of the GTVA is vastly different than that used by the Coalition, and while it bears similarities to the one utilized by the Army of Light, it is still notably different from theirs.
The GTVA's Ship Classification method is as follows:
- Fighter - Single Ships that primarily serve as anti-fighter/bomber craft. Similar to Coalition and AoL ships of the Fighter classification.
- Stealth Recon - Fighters that specialize in infiltrating hostile territory and acquiring information without being detected. The GTF Pegasus and the GVF Ptah were, at the time of the GTVA's arrival in this universe, the only GTVA stealth fighters.
- Interceptor - A fighter role that aims at the destruction of hostile fighters and bombers. Interceptors are fast and agile, but are weakly shielded and armored.
- Space Superiority - A versatile fighter role that is capable in all sorts of roles, except for bombing. A celebrated example of a Space Superiority fighter is the GTF Myrmidon.
- Heavy Assault - Heavy Assault fighters have tremendous secondary capacity, heavy shielding and armoring at the expense of speed and maneuverability
- Bomber - A bomber is a very heavy craft that specializes in carrying bombs. They attack freighter-size ship and above. Bombers are very slow and easily taken down without fighter escorts. Bombers are further categorized into light, medium, and heavy bombers. Similar to Coalition and AoL ships of the Bomber classification.
- Cruiser - Smallest combatant capital craft classification. Cruisers are at least several times the size of a fighter or bomber and possess mainly antifighter weaponry, with one or two (or in the case of the SC Rakshasa, three) anticapital weapons. The defensive fire of a cruiser is rarely capable of stopping a determined bomber wing, and most are vulnerable to even a well-handled lone fighter. Unable to carry fighters. Equivalent to Coalition ships of the "Corvette" and "Destroyer" classification and AoL ships classified as "Corvette" and some classified "Cruiser".
- Corvette - Middle ground combatant capital craft, falling between the cruiser and the destroyer in size and capablity. Equipped with between two and four anticapital weapons and considerably more impressive antifighter armament than a cruiser. Corvettes are capable of defending themselves adequately against a small number of enemy fighters or bombers. With the exception of the SCv Moloch, corvettes are unable to carry fighters of their own. Corvettes appear to handle most of the antiship and strike duties for the GTVA fleet; Shivan corvettes are extremely rare and have only been deployed against GTVA destroyers as of yet. Whether this is their role or not is guesswork. Equivalent to some Coalition ships of the "Cruiser" classification and some AoL ships classified as "Cruiser".
- Frigate - The normally accepted role of a frigate is that of a pocket destroyer, lacking a fighterbay and fighter support facilities/crews enabling the ship to be shrunk down to only slightly bigger than a corvette. Equivalent to some Coalition ships of the "Cruiser" classification and some AoL ships classified as "Battleship".
- Destroyer - Large combatant capital craft, combining the functions of destroying enemy ships and transporting fighters. Destroyers vary wildly in armament and effectiveness against different types of targets. They will have at least one heavy-caliber anticapital weapon and probably several more, plus a number of cruiser-corvette anticapital weapons. Destroyers tend to need fighter cover more than corvettes; some of them actually mount fewer antifighter weapons, and all have much larger amounts of surface area that needs to be defended. Any situation with the direct involvement of a destroyer-class ship is by definition serious. Equivalent to Coalition ships of the "Battleship", and "Battlecarrier" classification and some AoL ships classified as "Battleship" and "Destroyer".
- Superdestroyer - Bigger, meaner, and tougher than a destroyer, yet too small for the juggernaut classification; first applied well before the juggernaut classification came into existence. Only the Hades and Lucifer have been given this classification prior to the GTVA's arrival in this universe. The nature of the superdestroyers was such that any appearance by them indicates the major effort by the controlling side. Their success is often decisive for that system, while their failure is a blow that is difficult to recover from. Equivalent to Coalition ships of the "Super Battleship" and "Dreadnought" classifications and some AoL ships classified as "Destroyer".
- Juggernaut - The pinnacle of combatant capital craft, a juggernaut is capable of making mincemeat out of an enemy fleet singlehanded and is superbly equipped to combat other capital craft. Due to its large surface area its defenses against fightercraft attack are generally somewhat thinly spread, but a juggernaut's sheer ability to absorb damage means that only another juggernaut or a mass attack by corvettes and destroyers is capable of destroying one in anything like a timely manner. Prior to the GTVA entering this universe, only the SJ Sathanas and GTVA Colossus have been given this classification. The presence of a juggernaut, like a superdestroyer, indicates the controlling side considers the mission absolutely essential; decisive for the system if not the campaign or the entire war. Equivalent to Coalition ships of the "Super Dreadnought" and "Supership" classification and some AoL ships classified as "Destroyer".
GTVA Ship DesignationsEdit
The GTVA designates both ships and ship classes by 3-4 letter designations, relating to BOTH the ship's race/faction AND type classification. These designations relate to not just GTVA ships, but also ships of other races. The following is how the GTVA designates ship classes.
- GT_ - Galactic Terran (For Galactic Terran Alliance)
- NT_ - Neo-Terran (For Neo-Terran Front)
- GV_ - Galactic Vasudan (For Galactic Vasudan Imperium)
- PV_ - Parliamentary Vasudan (For Parliamentary Vasudan Empire (now defunct))
- GTV_ - Galactic Terran-Vasudan (For Galactic Terran-Vasudan Alliance)
- S_ - Shivan
- CM_ - Coalition Military
- HS_ - Hellcat Squadran
- UN_ - United Nations (For United Nations Space Command)
- CS_ - Covenant Separatists
- GH_ - Gutak Heretic (For GC Heretics)
- DI - Defense Initiative (For Global Defense Initiative)
- FS_ - Flood Separatists
- SC_ - Scrin Confederation
- J_ - Justice (For Guardians of Justice)
- F_ - Federation (For United Federation of Planets)
- K_ - Klingon (For Klingon Empire)
- RE_ - Romulan Empire (For Romulan Star Empire)
- RT_ - Romulan Tal'Shiar (For Tal'Shiar)
- <TBD>_ - <TBH> (For TBD (Note to self: Species 8472))
- C_ - Cardassian (For Cardassian Union)
- B_ - Breen (For Breen Confederacy
- TA_ - Tholian Assembly
- G_ - Gorn (For Gorn Hegemony)
- F_ - Ferengi (For Ferengi Alliance)
- UH_ - United Heretic (For United Heretic Front)
- MN_ - Mata Nui (For Order of Mata Nui)
- TK_ - Tren Krom (For Enforcers of Tren Krom)
- R_ - Republic (For New Republic)
- KD_ - Kingdom (of) Dalmasca (For Kingdom of Dalmasca)
- CI_ - Crogenitor Insurgency
- OG_ - Ordered Governments (For Coalition of Ordered Governments
- V_ - Vehexa (For Neledia Alliance
- G_ - Glacion (For Glacion Star Empire)
- SE_ - Septim Empire
- A_ - Autobot (For Autobots)
- AO_ - Assassins Order
- OF_ - Omega Force
- UD_ - Unrelenting Darkness (For Alliance of Unrelenting Darkness)
- SA_ - Shadows Alliance
- AL_ - Army (of) Light
- BC_ - Black Cell
- NO_ - New Order (For New Templar Order)
- TE_ - Templar Exiles
- DH_ - Darkspore Horde
- RC_ - Republic (of) Chamada (For Chamada Republic)
By Ship ClassificationEdit
- _A - AWACS
- _B - Bomber
- _C - Cruiser
- _Cv - Corvette
- _D - Destroyer
- _Dr - Drone
- _EP - Escape Pod
- _F - Fighter
- _Fr - Freighter
- _G - Gas Miner
- _I - Installation
- _J - Juggernaut
- _M - Medical Ship or Missile
- _NB - Navigation Buoy
- _S - Support Ship
- _SC - Science Cruiser
- _SG - Sentry Gun
- _T - Transport
- _W - Weapon
GTVA Starship ClassesEdit
Galactic Terran Alliance StarshipsEdit
- GTF Ulysses (Space Superiority)
- GTF Hercules (Heavy Assault)
- GTF Hercules Mark II (Heavy Assault)
- GTF Loki (Recon)
- GTF Perseus (Interceptor)
- GTF Pegasus (Stealth Recon)
- GTF Myrmidon (Space Superiority)
- GTF Ares (Strategic Assault)
- GTF Erinyes (Heavy Assault)
- GTF Orthrus (Strategic Assault)
- GTB Artemis (Medium Bomber)
- GTB Artemis D.H. (Medium Bomber)
- GTB Medusa (Heavy Bomber)
- GTB Ursa (Assault Bomber)
- GTB Boanerges (Heavy Bomber)
- GTB Zeus (Strike Bomber)
Transports, Freighters, and ContainersEdit
- GTT Elysium (Transport)
- GTT Argo (Transport)
- GTFr Triton (Freighter)
- GTFr Poseidon (Freighter)
- TC 2 (GTFr Poseidon Container)
- TSC 2 (GTFr Poseidon Container)
- TAC 1 (Container)
- TTC 1 (GTFr Poseidon Container)
- TC-TRI (GTFr Triton Container)
Installations, Buoys, and Sentry GunsEdit
- GTI Arcadia (Installation)
- GTI Ganymede (Installation)
- GTNB Pharos (Navigation Buoy)
- GTSG Watchdog (Sentry Gun)
- GTSG Cerberus (Sentry Gun)
- GTSG Alastor (Sentry Gun)
- GTSG Mjolnir (Fixed Gun Emplacement)
- GTA Charybdis (AWACS)
- GTG Zephyrus (Gas Miner)
- GTM Hippocrates (Medical Ship)
- GTSC Faustus (Science Vessel)
- GTEP Hermes (Escape Pod)
- GTS Hygeia (Support Ship)
- GTDr Amazon (Combat Drone)
- GTDr Amazon Advanced (Combat Drone)
Galactic Vasudan Imperium StarshipsEdit
- GVF Seth (Heavy Fighter)
- GVF Serapis (Advanced Interceptor)
- GVF Tauret (Heavy Fighter)
- GVF Thoth (Space Superiority)
- GVF Horus (Interceptor)
- GVF Ptah (Stealth Recon)
Transports, Freighters, and ContainersEdit
- GVT Isis (Transport)
- GVFr Bes (Freighter)
- GVFr Satis (Freighter)
- PVFr Ma'at (Freighter)
- VAC 4 (PVFr Ma'at Container)
- VAC 5 (GVFr Bes Container)
- GVCv Sobek (Corvette)